WORKING in a diverse, fast-paced role, the Basketball Development Officer – Greater North East Region will support the growth and development of country basketball.
Greater North East Region – Basketball Development Officer
Basketball Victoria is responsible for the governance, development, promotion and administration of basketball throughout Victoria. We provide a framework for 247,908 participants across 161 Associations and 434 Clubs.
Our vision is through leadership, innovation, engagement and opportunity, basketball becomes the sport of choice for Victorians. This vision is complimented by a Basketball Victoria Strategic Plan which is underpinned by four cornerstones which will provide the fundamental framework and delivery of our organisation’s objectives.
promote basketball provide leadership
drive infrastructure growth provide pathways
Reporting to the General Manager Basketball Victoria Country, the fundamental purpose of the position is to:
- Assist and provide development to local Affiliated Associations within the applicable BV Region
- Identify weaknesses across all Affiliated Associations within the applicable region and with assistance from the associations and BV staff, develop a Regional Plan and a work plan to alleviate these weaknesses
- With assistance from the appropriate people facilitate and deliver the work plan in the Region
Working in a diverse and fast-paced role, the Basketball Development Officer – Greater North East Region will support the following:
Affiliated Associations – Stadium Managers – Levels/Tiers of Government – Regional Sports Assemblies – Local Members of Parliament
The North East Region in Country Victoria basically covers basketball associations from Wallan to Wodonga, across to Echuca and Corryong and areas in between and is defined by the appendix attached to the Position Description.
Whilst the ideal location for this position is within the Greater North East Region as defined in the appendix, this is a key role in Regional Victoria and the location of the position will be negotiated based on what is best practice service delivery for the BVC Affiliated Associations.
Our Ideal Candidate
The position of Basketball Development Officer – Greater North East Region will require a range of personal and professional skills including:
- Have a high knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office products and general database programs, including a good knowledge and understanding of the Basketball recognised IT Software;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills, with proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders across a wide range of organisations and backgrounds;
- Managing competing priorities while maintaining quality of work;
- Developing effective and respectful working relationships with people across all levels of the business;
- The ability to analyse material and make recommendations;
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills;
- Have the ability to work outside normal business hours;
- Have the ability to actively promote Basketball Victoria and work with Affiliated Associations and volunteers;
- Be the holder of a current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Be the holder or have the ability to obtain a Working with Children Certificate.
Hours of Work
This is a full – time position. Due to the nature of the sport industry, evening and weekend work will be required on a regular basis; therefore, the Basketball Development Officer – Greater North East Region may have to structure the working week around this requirement.
David Huxtable, GM Basketball Victoria Country
5440 6300 or 0408 339 269
Applications should be forwarded to David Huxtable, Basketball Victoria Country, by email, email@example.com by Close of Business, Monday 7 May 2018. If you are intending to apply, please do so at the earliest possible date rather than leaving it to the close date. Given the nature of the role, applications will be considered from candidates legally able to work on a permanent basis in Australia.